The Thomas Jefferson Planning District Commission was awarded a VDOT Multimodal Planning Grant to develop multimodal transportation solutions and land use strategies for Greene County, while addressing regional travel needs on the US 29 and 33 corridors. Through a competitive process, the Renaissance Planning Group was awarded a contract to conduct scenario planning workshops with County residents to determine a preferred future land use scenario and to prepare a modeling analysis of the transportation needs required to achieve this scenario. The five key goals of the Study were to:
- Create safe multimodal transportation options.
- Improve access to and between area businesses.
- Coordinate land use planning and transportation in the Greene County Comprehensive Plan update.
- Identify and prioritize cost-effective public and private transportation recommendations.
- Coordinate with the larger VDOT US 29 Corridor Study.
Greene County Multimodal Corridor Study (2009)