Over the last quarter, TJPDC has shifted from analyzing hazards in our region to facilitating participation in order to determine effective mitigation strategies. The mitigation strategy phase commenced with a November 14, 2016 public meeting, and is continuing with meetings held with locality staff and Local Emergency Planning Committee. TJPDC also invites the public to share their experiences, concerns, and suggestions for specific steps local governments could take to reduce or eliminate the risk of future hazard damages. All residents in the region are encouraged to complete the online survey. Responses will be collected until mid-March.
- DRAFT Regional Natural Hazard Mitigation Plan submitted to VDEM
- Piedmont Environmental Council seeking Outreach Coordinator
- TJPDC News Brief – August 11, 2017
- Charlottesville Tomorrow: Environmental group, planners hope to boost area trails with $180k community foundation grant
- TJPD Commission – 8/3/17 Meeting Agenda