The Charlottesville-Albemarle Metropolitan Planning Organization’s (CA-MPO) Public Participation Plan is a document that communicates how the CA-MPO will comply with federal regulations to ensure there are adequate public participation opportunities when developing and adopting planning documents. The Plan is currently being reviewed and updated to better reflect current strategies and policies, and the CA-MPO is requesting public feedback on the proposed changes.
Changes from the current plan are summarized below:
- Updating references to Thomas Jefferson Planning District Commission (TJPDC) reports and News Briefs to reflect current practices.
- Including procedures for electronic meetings when authorized.
- Updating sections on accessibility for people with disabilities and non-English speakers.
- Updating plans for communicating with traditionally underserved communities.
- Generalizing the committee membership to remove references to specific individuals.
Federal regulations require a 45-day public comment period prior to adopting any changes to the Public Participation Plan. Questions and comments from the public can be submitted to Sandy Shackelford at firstname.lastname@example.org through September 10, 2020. These comments will be provided to the CA-MPO committees for their consideration at their meetings in September. The CA-MPO Policy Board will review the proposed changes and public comments received at their meeting on September 23, 2020 at 4 pm.