About the Committee
The Rural Transportation Advisory Committee (RTAC), is an advisory group for the TJPDC’s Rural Transportation Planning Program. The RTAC includes individuals with technical knowledge in transportation and land use matters. The region’s five counties (Albemarle, Fluvanna, Greene, Louisa and Nelson) are represented on the Committee, through the local planning director. VDOT, RideShare and JAUNT also have voting representatives.
The Committee provides technical review, comment, and recommendations on transportation plans, programs, studies and other appropriate documents, and on regional transportation issues. To ensure a holistic approach to planning, the RTAC strives to integrate land use and environmental considerations into all of its activities, in order to forge a stronger link between transportation, land use and the environment. The RTAC also:
- Applies updated data to the Rural Long Range Plan (RLRP), during plan updates and reviews;
- Evaluates project applications for State funding;
- Cooperates with developing procedures for the transportation performance measures and data collection;
- Provides reviews, comments, and recommends to State transportation agencies; and,
- Serves in an advisory capacity to the TJPDC.
- August 6, 2020, 7:00 p.m.
- September 3, 2020, 7:00 p.m.
- October 1, 2020, 7:00 p.m.
- November 5, 2020, 7:00 p.m.
- December 3, 2020, 7:00 p.m.
- February 4, 2021, 7:00 p.m.
- March 4, 2021, 7:00 p.m.
- April 1, 2021, 7:00 p.m.
- May 6, 2021, 7:00 p.m.
- June 3, 2021, 7:00 p.m.
Primary Voting Members
- Jason Stewart, Fluvanna County – CHAIR
- Bart Svoboda, Greene County – VICE CHAIR
- David Cook, VDOT- Lynchburg District
- Allyson Finchum, Louisa County
- J’riah Guerrero, JAUNT
- Kevin McDermott, Albemarle County
- Sara Pennington, RideShare
- Chuck Proctor, VDOT-Culpeper District
- Sandy Shackelford, Nelson County