||Matters from the Public and Committee Response:
Members of the public are welcome to provide comment on any public interest, transportation-related topic, including the items listed on this agenda. Limit 3 minutes per speaker.
||Approval of the Minutes (*):
||Updates and Discussion:
- Attendees are invited to share briefly about current planning and transportation related activities in their locality or agency.
||VTRANS 2025 Multimodal Transportation Plan
- Cambridge Systematics will provide a short presentation on the initial draft Multimodal Transportation Plan 2025 (VMTP 2025) Recommendations. Open house to follow the meeting (2:30-3:30 Water St).
||RLRP, Local Project Lists:
- TJPDC staff began FY17 work on the Rural Long Range Plan and developed a list of draft road projects for each locality. Currently, staff is entering those draft projects into a prioritization spreadsheet and will provide preliminary findings on those roadway improvements.
||Virginia Statewide Rail Plan:
- Staff attended the first meeting on the Statewide Rail Plan Committee. Staff will provide an overview of the meeting and provide a recommendation for a Cross-Commonwealth Route that would connect Hampton Roads, Richmond and Charlottesville with the western parts of the State. To learn more about the Rail Plan Update, visit www.VARailPlan.org.
||FY19 Rural Planning Work Program:
- The Commission is scheduled to discuss the FY19 Rural Planning Work Program at their March 2nd meeting. Typically, the Commission must approve the Work Program at this meeting, but VDOT has granted extensions in recent years.
||Action Items & Other Business:
- The Committee will discuss items requiring follow-up action and any other business.
||Additional Matters from the Public:
- Members of the Public are welcome to provide comment on any public interest, transportation-related topic, including the items listed on this agenda. Limit 3 minutes per speaker.