RMRP NEW Program Guidelines
- RMRP funds can cover 100% of rent/mortgage payments in arrears (April to present)
- RMRP funds can cover 100% of the current month’s rent/mortgage
- RMRP funds can cover rent/mortgage through December 2020 (with valid lease/mortgage)
- RMRP funds can be used by tenants in public housing or with Section 8 vouchers (arrears only)
- Landlords can apply on behalf of their tenants through Virginia Housing
RMRP Program Summary
Owners, Management Agents, and Landlords
Through the Virginia Rent and Mortgage Relief Program (RMRP), eligible landlords can apply on behalf of their tenants to receive financial assistance for past-due rental payments dating back to April 1, 2020. Funding for RMRP is through the federal Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act. Applications must be received by 11:59 p.m. EST on Nov. 15, 2020 — take action today to see how RMRP may help your tenants make their past-due and current rent payments. Please see the DHCD Flyer – Owners, Management Agents, and Landlords in the resource list and click here for more information.
Program Summary Reports
How to determine eligibility and apply
Applications will be accepted beginning July 15, 2020.
City of Charlottesville
RMRP Program Details
Rent and Mortgage Relief:
Financial assistance for rent and mortgage payments beginning April 1, 2020, & onward. One-time assistance with opportunity for renewal based on availability of funding & the household’s need for additional assistance. If the household returns for additional assistance, current income must be verified. For renters, landlords must not initiate eviction proceedings against the renter for non-payment of rent during the month for which the rent relief payment is paid.