From May 16 – May 31st, the TJPDC will receive public comment on the proposed Statement of Activities to be submitted as pre-application for FFY23 HPG funds. A public hearing will be held on June 1, 2023 at 7:00p.m.
The Thomas Jefferson HOME Consortium, administered by the Thomas Jefferson Planning District Commission, has received Housing Preservation Grant funds through USDA Rural Development since 2015. Last year, TJPDC was awarded $215,000 to conduct homeowner rehabilitation projects for low- to extremely low-income households in the eligible areas within the TJPD region.
For FFY 2023 funds, TJPDC is applying for $212,435, which is half of the allocation to the state of Virginia. In previous years, TJPDC and subrecipients have been able to provide extensive home repairs to 30-40 families.
Eligible activities that may be undertaken with HPG funds include:
- Water and waste disposal systems that meet health department requirements
- Screen-storm windows and doors
- Heating system repair or replacement
- Electrical wiring
- Structural supports and foundation repair or replacement
- Roof repair or replacement
- Severely deteriorating siding, porches, stoops
- Accessibility features for any person with disabilities or special needs
- Repairs to manufactured homes when the recipient owns the home and the site, and the home is on a permanent foundation
- Relocation costs related to home repair
- Building a dwelling and related facilities
- Water and waste disposal systems, plumbing and fixtures
- Minimum site preparation, landscaping as required by jurisdiction
- Accessibility features
- Approved energy saving measures, furnaces
- Real estate taxes
See the full press release below for details, and how to provide comment and attend the public hearing. Please email Laurie Jean Talun at email@example.com with questions or comments.